Program Members $300
- April 7-9 and 15
- April 28-30
- May 12-14 and 20
If you’re 15 or older and looking for a great summer job or challenging career that’s in demand, the American Red Cross Lifeguarding program is the best place to start. Lifeguarding lets you work as part of a team to help people safely enjoy the water. You could even save a life!
Learning is fun and easy! Through videos, group discussion and hands-on practice, you’ll learn …
- Rescue skills for use in the water and on land.
- First aid and professional rescuer CPR/AED training to help you prepare for an emergency.
- Professional lifeguard responsibilities.
- Surveillance skills to help you recognize and prevent injuries.
Enroll Today! Here’s your chance to build your résumé and show the world what you can do.
- Prepare for college and a career by developing leadership and communication skills.
- Be a hero by learning lifesaving skills, such as first aid, CPR and AED.
- Have fun and earn money at a job you love.
These jobs are in high demand! Plus, American Red Cross certification is recognized nationwide so you can work anywhere in the U.
Recertification: February 19 and April 16
First Aid: Inquire
Class times may vary by session. Your instructor will inform you of any changes to this schedule. Please check your schedule in advance. Missing class time will result in failure of Lifeguard Certification without refund.
Member $60 Program Member $90
This in-person course, which takes about 9.5 hours, teaches the same topics as the online babysitter training class, plus it offers hands-on skills practice and additional training in first aid and CPR. You must attend all three course sessions for certification. Ages 11 and up.
In class, you learn how to:
• Respond to emergencies with first aid, rescue breathing and more
• Make good decisions under pressure
• Communicate effectively with parents
• Recognize safety and hygiene issues
• Manage young children
• Feed, diaper and care for infants
• Start your babysitting business