Since the YMCA is a membership organization, we strive to better serve our dues-paying members. Please make every effort to enforce the below policies.
Policy deviations should be authorized through the Membership Director ONLY.
- Members are allowed to bring in a guest 3 times a year. The Membership Director must approve exceptions in advance. All guests must complete a guest registration form and be identified as such.
- Guests will be identified with a ‘visitor’ pass issued at the Welcome Center (front desk).
- AWAY Members may not bring in guests.
- Active military guests will be extended use of the facilities at no charge with proper identification/classification which MUST STATE “active duty”. Families of deployed military may join and have the joiners fee waived with proper identification. The Membership Director must approve military memberships.
AWAY (Always Welcome at the YMCA) Guests
- A benefit of being a member of a YMCA is the AWAY program. This program is designed to accommodate out of town YMCA members who want to continue their routine while they are away from home.
- When traveling out of town, Waynesboro Family YMCA members, may use YMCAs throughout the United States by presenting their membership card including the AWAY identification. To locate YMCAs participating in the AWAY program, and possible fees, contact the YMCA Membership Office or log onto the YMCA of the USA home page at www.ymca.net.
- Members of YMCAs outside of a 50 mile radius are welcome to visit the Waynesboro Family YMCA on the AWAY program 10 times in one year at no charge and will then be asked to pay $5 per visit. Proper identification and a signed waiver are required.
- Members visiting from other YMCAs within a 50 mile radius will be charged $5 per visit. Proper identification and a signed waiver are required.