Healthy Living Coordinator
Status: Part Time – Thirty hours per week
Reports to: Operations Director
Revision Date: 2/14/14
The Waynesboro Family YMCA is excited to announce the position of Healthy Living Coordinator to join our team. The Healthy Living Coordinator provides daily direction, coordination and supervision for designated branch healthy living program area(s) (i.e. personal and group training, group/water exercise, active older adult and other health care initiatives.
- Manages the day-to-day programming of the designated branch healthy living program area(s).
- Leads a high-performing team of staff which delivers quality programs and services meeting branch and member needs in area of expertise.
- With the assistance of the Operations Director, implements programs, assesses staff technical abilities, evaluates program results, identifies areas for improvement or development and implements plans to achieve desired goals and objectives in area of expertise.
- Recruits, hires, evaluate, develop, and supervise staff.
- Ensures a high level of customer service, which enhances the member, program participant and guest experience and satisfaction.
- Delivers programs directly to members and participants in area(s) of expertise a portion of the time.
Qualifications – Required
Minimum of two (2) years of experience working in healthy living product area of expertise (i.e. Personal Training /Specialty Programs, Group/Water Exercise and active older adults).
- Experienced in working individually and in groups
- Must be willing to step outside of his/her job description for the good and the improvement of the Waynesboro Family YMCA
- Minimum of one (1) years of supervisory experience
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge in area(s) of expertise
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Proficient computer skills to include Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- CPR/PR, First Aid, AED, and Oxygen certifications (within 30 days of hire)
- Ability to manage and deliver programs to a diverse population
Qualifications – Preferred
- Degree in Health, Science and Recreation or related field
- Current National Certification in multiple areas of expertise
- Perform all physical aspects of the position, including walking, standing, bending, reaching, and lifting up to 50 pounds at a time.
- Ability to travel locally to visit branch sites, attend meetings and training.
Resumes will be accepted until 5:00 PM on Friday February 28th
How to Apply
To take advantage of this exciting opportunity:
Email: Keith Ball
or Mail: Waynesboro Family YMCA
Attn: Keith Ball
648 S. Wayne Ave
Waynesboro, VA. 22980
Kid’s Place is now hiring. Candidates must love children of all ages. Be flexible. Available mornings (9-12) and evenings (4-7:30). Every other weekend is required. Must have own transportation.
Fitness Floor Attendant/Trainer
General Functions: Under the direction of the Wellness Director and or Fitness Team Leader, this person will be responsible for providing quality supervision, training, safety and sanitation of strength and cardiovascular equipment. In, addition, they will provide top quality customer service at all times, while ensuring the “Y” values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility.
- Must be 18 years of old.
- Nationally recognized Personal Trainer Certificate or equivalent preferred (or commitment to gain certification within 6 months of hire)
- Basic knowledge of resistance machines, proper techniques and purpose of exercise programming.
- Great interpersonal skills.
- Comfortable communication with members and enforcing Fitness rules.
- Experience in the Wellness and Fitness field.
- A positive attitude toward working independently and as a member of a team.
- Must have ability to effectively keep written records.
- Must be able to work varied times, including weekends and holidays.
- Must pass criminal background check.
1. Ensure the core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility are being adhered to by all users of the Fitness Areas.
2. Act as a point of contact for members by greeting them and answering all questions from Fitness Area users.
3. Monitor safety of all members using resistance equipment and spot members using free weights.
4. Enforce all Fitness Area rules and policies.
5. Maintain cleanliness of equipment and facility and make sure that the Fitness Areas are orderly at the beginning, throughout, and the end of your shift.
6. Maintain Activtrax protocols in member retention/utilization.
7. Other related duties as assigned.
Effect on End Results
1. Higher usage of the Fitness Areas.
2. Higher member retention.
3. Increase in personal training sessions.
Please submit application and resume to the attention of Mary Beth Robb at the Waynesboro Family YMCA.