Help Wanted: Afterschool Bus Driver
The Waynesboro Family YMCA Childcare is looking for a bus driver for our afterschool program. We pick up from all Waynesboro City Schools, Hugh K Cassell, Stuarts Draft Elementary and Middle School. Qualified applicants must be 18 years of age, possess a valid driver’s license, and provide a driving record. Hours will be 2p-approximately 3:30p, Monday-Friday. Hours may change due to early dismissals, inclement weather, and/or teacher workdays.
Interested applicants can contact Rebecca Patton, Childcare Director at 540-943-9622 ext 208 or via email at email@example.com. Applications can be picked up at the front desk of the YMCA.
Fitness Floor Attendant/Trainer
General Functions: Under the direction of the Wellness Director and or Fitness Team Leader, this person will be responsible for providing quality supervision, training, safety and sanitation of strength and cardiovascular equipment. In, addition, they will provide top quality customer service at all times, while ensuring the “Y” values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility.
- Must be 18 years of old.
- Nationally recognized Personal Trainer Certificate or equivalent preferred (or commitment to gain certification within 6 months of hire)
- Basic knowledge of resistance machines, proper techniques and purpose of exercise programming.
- Great interpersonal skills.
- Comfortable communication with members and enforcing Fitness rules.
- Experience in the Wellness and Fitness field.
- A positive attitude toward working independently and as a member of a team.
- Must have ability to effectively keep written records.
- Must be able to work varied times, including weekends and holidays.
- Must pass criminal background check.
1. Ensure the core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility are being adhered to by all users of the Fitness Areas.
2. Act as a point of contact for members by greeting them and answering all questions from Fitness Area users.
3. Monitor safety of all members using resistance equipment and spot members using free weights.
4. Enforce all Fitness Area rules and policies.
5. Maintain cleanliness of equipment and facility and make sure that the Fitness Areas are orderly at the beginning, throughout, and the end of your shift.
6. Maintain Activtrax protocols in member retention/utilization.
7. Other related duties as assigned.
Effect on End Results
1. Higher usage of the Fitness Areas.
2. Higher member retention.
3. Increase in personal training sessions.
Please submit application and resume to the attention of Mary Beth Robb at the Waynesboro Family YMCA.