Volunteer at the Y
Across the United States, more than 500,000 business leaders, community advocates, parents, teens and individuals who want to give back and support their neighbors volunteer at the Y. That’s because in 10,000 neighborhoods nationwide, we have the presence and partnerships to not just promise, but deliver positive personal and social change.
With a focus on youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, Y volunteers give men, women and children of all ages and from all walks of life the resources and support they need to be healthy, confident, connected and secure.
Volunteers of the Y
- Lead our boards of directors and committees
- Raise funds to ensure the Y is accessible to all members of the community
- Coach our sports teams and teach many of our classes
- Motivate and support youth in building the character strengths, skills and relationships that lead to positive behaviors, better health, smart life choices and the pursuit of higher education and goals
- Extend a hand to help adults who want to do more, be more or live healthier
- Advocate for the Y’s efforts to influence policies and initiatives that positively impact societal issues of importance to the nation, and your community
- Participate in opportunities to give back and support neighbors
- Help our office/front desk staff and help maintain the inside and outside of our building.
- Assist childcare staff in planning and preparing activities for children.
The Y is a nonprofit like no other. Take an active role in strengthening your community. There are many opportunities at the Waynesboro Y. Please stop by and fill out a volunteer form and help us to continue to help our community.
Did you know that Y Childcare has a Teen Volunteer Program?
This is open to teens ages 13-15 who have an interest in working with children.
We are looking for energetic young teens who want to get experience in the childcare field.